Features in Summernote
- FOSS – Summernote is free, licensed under MIT, and maintained by an open-source community.
- Easy to Install – all you need to do is download and attach your JS and CSS with bootstrap.
- Examples – see how several functions are implemented by following any of the several examples available on the website.
- Customizable – take control of Summernote’s GUI and functions by initializing its several options and modules.
- Support for 3rd Parties – integrate Summernote with any backend available in Django, Rails, and Angular.
- WYSIWYG – structure your content the way you want it using the live What You See Is What You Get feature.
- Plugin Support – Summernote can be integrated with a number of plugins like to extend its functionality e.g. to print.
Other features include pasting images directly from the clipboard, saving images using base64 encoding, a handy integration with servers, and interactive WYSIWYG editing.
Download Summernote Compiled
There are a variety of WYSIWYG editors available in the Linux market already but I am guessing that with Summernote you can create one of the most simplistic and easy-to-use options.
If you are interested in contributing to Summernote’s development you can access its code and installation options on its GitHub page .
Do you know of any others like it? Share your thoughts with us by adding your comments in the section below.
Thanks to Fletch Hasues bringing Summernote to my notice in our Top 6 Alternative Evernote (Note Taking) Clients for Linux article.